Are you thinking about the keto diet for postpartum? Have you heard some things to scare you away from it?
Laura's got your back! Laura Pinnick is a registered dietitian and certified breastfeeding specialist who has gone through two postpartums on the keto diet and breastfed.
She's here to let you know that it is possible to maintain the keto lifestyle AND your milk supply at the same time.
- 2:50 - Laura's introduction
- 4:27 - Keto's origin and impact on various health conditions
- 6:04 - What is the keto diet?
- 6:47 - Maintaining energy levels with keto while breastfeeding
- 8:28 - Figuring out how many carbs are good for you
- 12:31 - Checking ketones to make sure you're in ketosis
- 14:32 - Benefits of the keto diet
- 15:44 - Adverse side effects of the keto diet in postpartum
- 20:30 - When should a mom in postpartum start the keto diet
- 30:15 - Carbs impact breastmilk supply
- 34:35 - Does keto affect breastmilk composition?
- 36:42 - What foods to avoid for keto
- 38:30 - Keto bloggers
- 39:26 - Variations of keto
- 41:11 - How long to stay on keto
- 45:17 - "Superfoods" to help breastmilk supply
- 47:54 - How to get started on keto in postpartum